Thursday, October 16, 2014

We have a heartbeat!

Today I had my second appointment with my OB-GYN. It was quite routine. Pee in a cup, weight yourself, ask lots of questions but at least today we got to do something different, listen to my baby's heartbeat. I have been nervous because I have had few symptoms and then the nurse said "your only 10 weeks so we may have trouble finding it". Probably something you should say to a nervous pregnant women. She was wrong. She put the wand on my uterus and BAM- heartbeat right away. It was neat to hear but I have to admit I didn't get as excited as I thought. Maybe it was because M wasn't there but I suspect it might me more. I really haven't been excited so far. All I can think about is all the weight I will gain (I know shallow) and all the money we need that we don't have. I just kept thinking about how tired I am because I am working two jobs and now M is too. It's been exhausting and stressful not at all exciting.

My hope is that when we tell people I will get more exciting. In fact, we plan on telling my family this weekend and M's next weekend. Then two or three weeks later we will tell the world (if our families can keep it a secret). I hope I soon find that excitement but until then I know that we have a healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment