Thursday, October 2, 2014

The joys of pregnancy so far...

Besides being excited to be growing a human being inside me and the excitement of being a parent there have been very few joys so far in pregnancy. Now, I would like to say that up to this week everything has been pretty easy for me. I have had very few symptoms and most of the time feel normal. However, that started to change this week. Now I am really tired and the morning sickness has started to become a bit more frequent. This has left me in quite a funk this week, therefore I have decided to share with you a few things that has happened over the past two weeks that I like to call the "joys of pregnancy"

1. I became very nauseous after eating lunch one day. It didn't really hit until I was in the Atwood parking lot so I took off running towards the bathroom. People looked at me like a mad women but I made it...barely. That is when I managed to throw up in my hair.

2. I now do a little dance every time I poop. Which is rare nowadays.

3. I got a migraine yesterday but being unable to take good medications for it I instead had to stay home and try and nurse it in bed. This consisted of a lot of tossing, turning and grunting as I couldn't get comfortable.

4. I was so nauseous this morning but hadn't thrown up yet. Until I sneezed which caused me to throw up...at my desk. Thankfully no one saw me because we haven't told anyone at work yet.

5. Some nights I sleep like the dead other nights I have so much energy I could run a marathon. It terrible because anytime I am tired you can read it on my face. The other day I had many people ask "what's wrong with you, you look terrible". My response was that I was tired but I really just wanted to rip their heads off for pointing out the fact I looked like the a zombie from the Walking Dead.

6. My boobs are huge and any real sudden movements makes them hurt or causes me to panic because they may suffocate me if I move wrong.


I guess this is all to be expected in pregnancy but it still sucks. On an even worst note, M will start a part-time job next week. He will only be able to work Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Which happens to be the opposite days I work so we won't see each other before 9:00pm Monday-Thursday and will both work on Sundays. I am sure that will do wonders for our marriage as we manage a teenager, my mother and this pregnancy. I have a feeling these next 8 months will not be pleasant, relaxing ones.

Sorry for all the gloom today, it's been a rough week.

No comments:

Post a Comment