Monday, September 22, 2014

Our little nugget!


So here it is, our little nugget! We had our first ultrasound on Friday. I was so nervous the day before and the morning of. I was so thankful that our appointment was at 9:00am otherwise I would have been a wreck. I feared that the baby wouldn't be there or that there was something wrong but everything was fine. As soon as he started the ultrasound I could see the baby. It was so small but I knew it was there. Then he showed us the heartbeat, it was strong. We didn't get to hear it but I assumed we wouldn't, maybe next time.

The baby is measuring a bit behind but we aren't surprised given I ovulated later. My estimated due date is May 12th but that could always change in the future so right now we are saying mid-may. We are so excited now but terrified. We are really going to be parents and that really freaks us out. We wish we were more financially prepared but I think everyone does so we will move forward. We have told a few people but very few. We are waiting to tell most people after the first trimester which would be first part of November but we have thought about making the announcement on Halloween. For now, we need to figure out when to tell our families and when to tell my boss.

So far I have had no real symptoms. I have been a bit tired and hungry but there has been no morning sickness or food aversions. I am thankful for that but sometimes I think they would help reassure me. My other fear (which I know many people will think is irrational) is that I will gain too much weight. I have seen so many women do that and have trouble getting it off. I have never been a small girl but worked hard the last few years to get weight off and keep it off, so I hope I can do well with the baby.

Until next time, here's a picture of our little nugget.

No comments:

Post a Comment