Monday, September 8, 2014

A new kind of waiting

I know it's been a while since I wrote on here but it's been a bit crazy since the last time I was on here. Remember how I told you I was in my two week wait? Well, it was a pretty uneventful two weeks. I tested four days before my period, nothing. I tested 3 days before my period, nothing. I tested 2 day before my period, nothing. So I went along with my life. That weekend we built a fence. It was hard work. We lugged around 170 fence post, ten 80-lb bags of cement and dug 10 post holes. I got to use a nail gun and in the end we ended up having a pretty good looking fence. All weekend I waited for my period to start so I could have a beer but Sunday passed and nothing. So Monday (which happened to be Labor Day) approached and still nothing. I woke up about 6:30 that morning to go to the bathroom and decided that should take a test just in case and it's best with my first morning urine. I fumbled around for a test and took it. As I sat there half asleep starting at the test I realized something. Two lines were coming up. Wait, what?! Two lines. What does that mean? I sat there dumbfounded and confused for a while. It meant I AM PREGNANT! It's not possible. I sat there in shock, crying. It happened but how. My test were negative days before how is it so positive now (it wasn't a light line). So what did I do next?

I went back to bed, tapped M on the shoulder and when he rolled over I told him I thought I was pregnant. He kissed me and went back to bed. So did I. I woke up two hours later and took two more cheapie internet test. Both faint but positive. Then I sat on the bed as M got up to go to the restroom. I waiting for him to see the test on the back on the toilet. When he came out I asked him if he remembered what I told him. He said "yep, you're pregnant".

That was it, my big reveal. I somehow always manage to ruin the big moments in our lives. Later that day I took a test that was digital and it said pregnant!

Now I have a new kind of waiting. I have to wait until September 19 for my first appointment to confirm pregnancy and have an ultrasound. I can't believe I have to wait so long but because I am young and never had a problem before it's standard. So for that last week I have taken a few more test to be sure but they are all still positive. I may really be pregnant. I don't think M or I are letting ourselves get excited until our doctors appointment but this might really be happening.

Now we just have to figure out when and how to tell our friends and family. We don't want to be alone in this but we don't want to tell anyone until we are sure we are. So until then, I will tell you- the internet world and my one follower, whoever you are. After 17 months I am finally PREGNANT!

No comments:

Post a Comment