Friday, January 17, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yesterday and today are the first days I truly feel like a parent. For example, I got off work yesterday an hour and a half early and was excited to go home, have a coffee and watch on of my DVR'd shows but that is not what really happened. Instead, T (who has recently joined the football team) reminded me that he needed shoes, workout clothes and equipment for football. So I took my extra time to run him around to shop, get his hair cut, prepare for dinner and then go on my two mile run. Then we spent all night figuring out how what going to be picking in up from practice on what days because they don’t' have an activity bus. Then today, I had to go meet with his counselor to make sure we rearrange his classes correctly for football and to make a plan for graduation because his old school has still not fixed his transcript and may never (that's another long story we will get into later).

Tonight we have to sit down with T and discuss his options which most likely include night and summer school. He is not going to be happy but if he wants to graduate on time that's what he is going to have to do. We also need to tell him that the welding class he wants to take next year may not be an option because of football and him working full time this summer may have to be part time because of football and summer school. I know he is going to be so disappointed that things are not going his way. Plus, he is going to be irritated as we bring up the 'you need to learn to drive and get over your fear because we can't take you everywhere all the time" conversation.

For the past two days my life has revolved around him and his schooling/football. It's exhausting and it's only been two days. I think we are in for a very interesting two year....

No comments:

Post a Comment