Friday, January 24, 2014

The witch has finally shown her face

I never thought I would be so happy to see Aunt Flow this morning but I am. She has finally shown her ugly face after being over a month late. Well a month late if you count when it was supposed to start naturally she is 10 days late from when she was supposed to come with the medication. Maybe all my inner chanting (or better known as yelling) at her to come made her finally listen. So why am I happy about this? That's an easy one. Now I don't have to double the dosage of the progesterone (the medicine that start my period) which is wonderful because that medicine makes me miserable. The second reason I am happy is it means we can finally start the countdown to the fertility medicine and hope that this month I ovulate and get pregnant. I know it's a BIG if but at least we have a chance now. So even though I will probably be complaining for the next week about Aunt Flow deep down I will appreciate her presence. This leads me to a reoccurring thought I have had while waiting for her to show up-- women who have trouble with fertility have a very love hate relationship with Aunt Flow.

It can be the same with women that is afraid of being pregnant when not wanting to. We had the week of Aunt Flow but we love when she comes (we would love her more if she didn't come because we were pregnant but that isn't the case for most of us). For those women who don't get a visit from Aunt Flow naturally and have to convince her out with medication appreciate when she shows up. Mainly because it means something is working correctly and we don't have to change things but it can also mean we get another chance at getting pregnant. When you know you are not pregnant you have to wait for her to show up to give you the green light to start trying again but when she is stubborn things get dragged out. Its excruciating waiting for her knowing there is no other actions you can take till she comes. Not only are you disappointed that you aren't pregnant now you are also disappointed that you have to wait longer to try again. It's very unfair and rude of her!

So for the next few days I will be upset that she took so long to come and makes me feel miserable but I will be happy to know my wait is over and I can start my new wait soon the dreaded TWW (Two week wait). Which is worse because you are waiting to find out if the other parts of your body have betrayed you or not. Have my ovaries decided to give me an egg or do we get to start this process over? Only time will tell until then give me a heating pad, some ice cream and a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment