Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mini Vacation

Today is my first day back after taking a mini vacation with M this weekend. It was fantastic to get away just the two of us for a few days. It was one of those vacation that seemed like it was forever long, which is what we needed. It all started on Friday when we left work early for M's appointment with a urologist. We had previously decided that we would start our vacation right after his appointment in Tulsa. So we booked a room in Tulsa for Friday night. All we had to do was get through the appointment. The appointment itself only took about 2 hours but it was an extremely awkward 2 hours. First, we were 5 minutes late because we went to the wrong place. Then M wanted me to come in the room with him to explain his last test because I can remember these things better. So I agreed and went in. Wrong choice. Now I was glad to be able to help explain what was going on but I was not excited when the doctor decided to have M drop his pants for an examine. I couldn't look. I didn't want to look while this was happening. The exam was the longest 10 minutes of my life so far. I just stared at an opposite wall. Then the doctor decided we needed to have an ultrasound done of M's privates (I didn't know they did that) and another semen analysis. Thankfully, the techs were still onsite and we were able to do the ultrasound on Friday (I didn't have to be a part of that) but they place to do the other test was closed. We were able to make another appointment for this week but that means there will be a certain part of abstinence on our vacation. That was a bummer. So after two hours of awkwardness we were ready for vacation.

Over the next two and a half days were enjoyed going to a movie, shopping at the outlet mall, seeing Bricktown in Oklahoma City, going to the OKC Zoo, hitting a few museums, swimming and most importantly spending time together. We spent so much time laughing and talking. We did great at trying not to be on our phones all weekend and really focusing on ourselves. It's hard to take a technology break when you are so used to using it to communicate all the time but I am glad we found a way to unplug. I think we really needed this. Life has been crazy since T moved in and I think we needed to feel a bit normal.

Now that we are back, we have already have been thrust back into the real world. My first day back to work will be a 12 hour day. T got a letter saying that he didn't pass his end of year exam for English and will need to retake them this summer. That was not a fun conversation. T doesn't take bad news well and he likes to blame other people. Things have already been crazy but at least I can look back and be thankful for a few days of peace. M will have his other test this week and hopefully be next week we will have some answers. T will finish summer school next week and will get a bit of a summer before needing to go back in and take his exams and then start his technical classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment