Monday, June 9, 2014

Messy lives

When I was younger I used to always hear people talk about how life got so messy when you were older. I have always understood the concept since my life has always seemed to be a bit complicated and messy. However, it wasn't until I had the opportunity to hang out with two of my best friends this weekend that I realized how true that is. As each year passes it seem all of our life’s get more complicated. Marriages hit rough spots, relationships end, new possibilities bloom and uncertainty sets in. I had a great time this weekend seeing my friend. She is currently in Chicago for an internship (which is amazing). Her life is so full of possibilities and seems to just be starting but at the same time her relationship with her boyfriend of three years seems to be ending. My other friend we were with seems to be having a lot of difficulty in her life as well. Things are just so messy right now. Our entire weekend was filled to the brim with all sorts of emotions from laughter, to anger, to disappointment to sadness (this had a lot to do with the movie The Fault in Our Stars that we saw). It just made me realize even though deep down I have always known that my life isn't the only one that is messy, spinning out of control at various moments and filled with unhappiness. This is something that happens in all our lives, it just seems to increase as we get older.

I am thankful for my weekend with my friend because it allowed me to relax. I didn't talk with them about what was going on in my life too much. They know some of it and I am sure they are tired of hearing it but if truly helped to see that it's all of us and that no matter what we are all there for each other.

I love weekends with my friends! In fact, I think I may splurge and fly to Chicago and see my friend there before she leaves. We only live once, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment