Friday, February 14, 2014

Symptom Spotter

I am doing that one thing that is terrible to do during any women's TWW (Two week wait). I am symptom spotting. This is terrible for two reasons. First, I am not even sure that I ovulated this month. This is the first month I used OPK's (ovulation prediction kit) and it looked really good until it didn't. See you have a control line and a second line. When the second line gets as dark as or darker than the control line it means you are ovulating. Well mine looked really good. It looked like I would ovulate on day 16 because my line was so close to being the same color but not quite but then it happened. The line lightened and has been on a constant decrease since day 15. I am now on day 21.

Second reason it's terrible because it makes the waiting seem even worse. Here you are already waiting 14 days before you know if you have missed your actually period. For me, I am waiting to see if it comes for two reasons, one to see if I am pregnant and two if I am not to see if the medicine worked this month. And it is so frustrating because most early pregnancy symptoms are either similar to PMS or normal for me. So here I am at day 21. I am exhausted, my boobs ache, I am bloated and always hungry. Again none of those stick out as pregnancy things but every time I actually bump my boob and it hurts I think-- Maybe.

Also, I did have a weird dream last night. I dreamt that my friend who I know has been TCC (trying to conceive) for over a year now told us she was pregnant and all I did in my dream was go crazy, screaming that it wasn't fair and wishing I was pregnant and not her. It was very odd.

So here I am. I have 7 days left until I know if I am late or not. I doubt that I am pregnant being that many people start exhibiting more symptoms then mine this early one but I guess we will have to just wait and see. But how cool would it be to find out that I was on my birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment