Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Day


Life is still crazy. Things never really seem to calm down. I will say I had a fairly calm weekend which is always nice. I was able to recharge my battery and feel much more level headed now. My battery is not 100% charged but I can make it through a new week for sure. I enjoy seeing a movie with my best friend went to a marriage seminar with the hubster and even got to watch some TV. It was nice and much needed.

Now I am looking forward to this week. First off, I get to have dinner with my best friend tonight then Friday is Valentine's Day! In past years, Valentine's Day has been a day has been nice but seemed a bit forced. It was a day that the whole nation celebrated love. We buy each other presents and go out to dinner (or cook together). Most people would say it is a traditional Valentine's Day but to me is always seemed at bit weird. Don't get me wrong, I love getting presents and I love spending time with M but it seemed strange to celebrate our love on a specific day of the year. Shouldn't we do this randomly through the year? However, this year it feels different.

This year, I think we need the alone time. We need an excuse to find a place for T to go so we can spend time together. We need a night that we know we won't have to worry about what T is doing or where he wants to go, a night were my mother won't call out of politeness for the holiday. It seems like the nation has given us a free day and I plan on taking advantage of it. T is planning to go to a friend’s house after school on Friday. I will get off early because I will be working late the night before and M and I have already decided to just stay in and enjoy each other’s company. It's going to be a night that we can put aside everything that is going on. No being a parent, no being a caregiver, no tracking or worrying about trying to conceive a baby and no other people. Just M and I for one night, something I feel hasn't happened in a while. Don't get me wrong, T has stayed at friend’s house multiple times, but it always seems to be last minute and we tend to use the time to work on things around the house, or grocery shop, or go over our budget but not once have we used the time for us. I am excited to have a purposely planned evening where we can connect again. That's why I am looking forward to Valentine's Day this year because this year is seems important, a way to connect with my husband again.

Since this Valentine's Day seems more important that years before we have actually planned a simple relaxing evening. We planned go to all our favorite restaurants and get some of our favorite foods followed by dinner at home and watching some movies together. This year I have some great gifts planned plus we have decided to have a themed movie night. This time I get to pick so I thought “why not do something different”, so here it is: We will only watch movies that have a main character that has an epic mustache. So this means anything with Tom Selleck, Chuck Norris and movies like Dodgeball, Tombstone and Nacho Libre. I think it's going to be a fun evening of random movies. I plan to pull our bed out into the living room. Create a comfortable nest of blankets and see where the night takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment