Monday, April 7, 2014

Messy Weekend

This weekend was kind of a mess. It seems like every time we turned around we had either forgotten something we needed to do or something new would come up. This was not the plan. My plan for the weekend was to have a somewhat relaxing weekend since this week I will start my part-time job which will increase my hours to about 60 a week of work plus making sure T gets to and from night school, keeping up with my exercise group, taking care of my mom, keeping up with the house chores and making sure I fit in time with the hubster and friends. It's going to be crazy so I wanted a less crazy weekend but of course the universe had different plans.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't a terrible weekend but we had a lot of stuff to fit in that shouldn't have taken as long as it did. Here are a few of the highlights from the weekend.

- My mother ended up in the hospital
- All the errands I needed to run took twice as long because everyone and their brother was out this weekend
- My house took much longer to clean because every time I would start on a project I would get interrupted.
- My debit card got stolen so I had to sit on the phone with the bank over the weekend
- T accidently broke the lawn mower while working on the lawn causing us to have to clean up an excessive amount of oil and buy a new lawn mower
(Good thing for that part-time job, right?)
- My phone is being a jerk and not giving me all my text so I spent an hour or so backing it up, resetting it and restoring it. That didn't work so then I spent 30 minutes in the AT&T store only to be told they couldn't do anything and I would have to make an appointment at my closest apple store, which is an hour away.
- My stomach wasn't feeling well so I spent a large amount of time in the bathroom


All of these things were manageable but definitely made sure my weekend was not as relaxing as I wanted it to be. On the bright side I did get to start watching Game of Thrones this weekend. I think I am going to like it.


P.S. For those who are wondering, I still haven't decided what do do about my relative's situation. I have talked with them a couple of times recently and they seem so happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment