Friday, April 4, 2014

The Craziness Begins Soon

On Monday I will start my part-time job at Kmart. The process of getting hired on has been pretty easy and the manager has asked me to pretty much pick my own consistent schedule and just let him know on Monday what I would like. I really appreciate that he will be super flexible with me or at least he seems like he will be but now the craziness will begin. Starting Monday I will work my 40 hours at my full time job and then about 15-20 hours a week at Kmart. I keep telling myself that this is probably only for about 8 months or so but I am beginning to think that isn't true. With 15 hours a week I will only be making about $400 extra a month. That is great but it is going to take me much longer to get the amount I want in savings plus start a retirement fund. I think this is going to be a long road...

Now, I just have to figure out how to balance everything. Thankfully T is almost done with his night school so that will free up two nights a week of needing to work around his schedule plus summer is coming soon. However, it will still be a challenge to be able to make sure the boys don't have to eat frozen meals every time I work at Kmart. I am trying to think ahead, this week I have started to prepare some crockpot meals to put in the freeze and this weekend I hope to be able to prepare some more. This way they can have an easy meal that is healthier than frozen pizza.

Next, I just need to find a way to stay sane myself with all my other obligations with my work out group, the committees I am on, the evening/weekends things with my current job and find time to spend with my friends, T and the hubster. It is certainly going to be crazy but hopefully it will work itself out in the next couple weeks or so. Until then me and coffee are going to be great friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment