Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It's been too long

I haven't posted for a while. Things have been quite crazy lately, primarily with work. Our biggest fundraiser happened this past weekend but I have spent the last few weeks running around getting ready for it. It is always quite a task but it was even more difficult this year with my added responsibilities at the fundraiser, my part-time job, having a teenager, trying to have a baby and being part of a few committees that just happen to be starting up now in my busy season. I don't think I have stopped moving or turned off my brain for more than a few hours in the past two months. I am so thankful having a day off tomorrow. I plan to do nothing except maybe get my hair cut and a pedicure. I need a day to recover, a day to not think or have any responsibilities.

I figured this post would just be a quite update on how things have been:

1. T finally has a job. He has works most evenings from 5-9 and about 5-midnight on the weekends at our local Taco Bell. I am glad he got a job there because it's within walking distant. He seems happy so far. He will get his first paycheck today. He is doing well in school. He has finished up his night classes, has just two weeks left of regular school and then one month of summer school. After that he will officially be a senior and will just have one year left to finish. We are still hoping to get him into the trade school in town this year. It's nice because he can be hands on and get high school credit. It is in the air right now because (as he always does) he rushed through the testing needed and didn't score well. I guess only time will tell.

2. The part-time job is going well. It like having a job that doesn't require any real brain power and that I can just be left to myself. It is a big disappointing to see how little the paychecks are. I know I don't work much but its discouraging because when you stack it up against everything on my plate it is pretty sad because I am going to have to work there much longer than I anticipated.

3. We are still not pregnant. Our off month produced nothing. I went back to the doctor and he has ordered some test. M just did his semen analysis yesterday but may have to repeat it because there was a problem at the lab. We are waiting to hear back. I have taken my 10 days of Provera to start my cycle so that I can go have an HSG ran to make sure my tubes are clear. You are supposed to start your cycle 3-7 days after the last pill but no more than 14 days. It's been 10 days post medication and still no cycle. I will give it till next week and if AF doesn't show I will have to call the doctor and maybe get on a new medication. I wish I could say I didn't start because I was pregnant but I took a test the other day. Negative.

4. I am excited that my friend may come to visit in a couple weeks. She is living in Chicago this summer for an internship. I am pretty jealous of that but so proud of her. In fact, I would be excited to see any of my friends in the next couple weeks. It's been crazy and I don't feel like I have really had interaction with anyone besides co-workers, strangers and my immediate family. I may be going crazy over that.

5. We have the Warrior Dash 5K this weekend. Yesterday was the first day I have ran and done push-ups/weights in three weeks. Needless to say, I am not prepared for it so I might die.


Hopefully, the next time I blog I will have so good news about some of these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment