Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Feeling More Maternal

This week has made me feel more like a parent. First, T had a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday. At first it was weird to be taking him to the doctor for a checkup and to have his back looked at (he has been having some pain for quite some time). Then it became extremely irritating because our appointment was at 2:40pm and we were still in the waiting room at 4:00pm. It really irked me because T missed his night school class (he has to be there by 4:10pm or he is marked absent) and because I didn't plan to take that much time off of work to take him. After waiting for almost two hours, then seeing the doctor, getting blood work and a X-ray we finally left at about 4:50pm. I ended up having just enough time to get back to work to close up and turn my computer off. Now, I have to find time to take him to physical therapy for a few weeks.

Then today I had a meeting with T and his counselor to enroll him in his senior year classes and talk about college. The meeting went well and we are hoping that he is chosen for a hands-on welding class and the technical school in town for both college and high school credit. It has truly made me realize how much he is reliant on us and how much we need to guide him because even though he is now 18 and looks like a grownup he really isn't and still needs lots of nurturing and guidance. I just hope we can provide him with those things and set him up for a successful life.

We are also in the two week wait (TWW). Let me rephrase, I think we are in the TWW. This week I thought we tested positive on our ovulation test but I am not sure. My temperature (which I have been trying to do all month but not doing well) seems to have risen now which typically indicates ovulation. I have also had a few other symptoms that would indicate ovulation but I never truly trust my body. Now I have my fingers crossed that maybe with fertility medicine, the new tea I am drinking every day and the other herbals I have been taking that we will get pregnant. This is our last medicated cycle before we have to take a 1-2 month break from the medication. This could be our last chance to have a baby in 2014 because we have very low chances of ovulation next month without the help of the medication. If it isn't this month, it will most likely mean we won't have a baby till 2015. That's a bittersweet thought. We are really to have a baby. We have been trying for almost a year now but we know that the longer it takes the better it will be because that means T will be closer to graduating high school and on to his new life; freeing up space in our house and finances. I guess we will just see where the Lord takes us this month.

Keep me in your thoughts at the TWW has awful because all you do is symptom check and wonder if you finally did it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment