Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Holy Boobs, Batman!

We are in the TWW (two week wait). This is the worst part about trying to conceive. We are waiting for two weeks to find out if all the charting and temping really helped. As of today I am currently 7 DPO (days past ovulation), which means it is too soon for anything to register on a pregnancy test. There is a small chance that I am plus or minus two days for my DPO count but it's hard to tell because my body is so weird. What does this all mean? I am patiently waiting (okay, not really) to be able to test. The earliest they recommend is at 12 DPO. Some people will get an early result but most people will not until at least 14 DPO or a few days after a missed period. This is event harder for someone with a stupid body that doesn't act like it should because the absence of a period could just mean that the pills didn't work again this month.

It also means that I am symptom spotting; something that is not advised but seems impossible not to do. Seriously, when you have to temp and chart things it really takes out the excitement of seeing if it just happens and turns it everything in to obsessive counting and symptom spotting. As I have mention before the problem with symptom spotting is that many early pregnancy symptoms are the same as after ovulation symptoms and menstruation symptoms. It's all confusing and irritating. Therefore, to make add to the craziness I will tell you what I have noticed over the past week:

- cramps
- tired
- gassy
- sore back and neck
- sore breast
- firmer and bigger breast. I am not sure that this is true or just a figure of my imagination but I swear they are bigger and heavier. Even my husband told me this morning that my breast looked a bit bigger. I had to have him tighten my bra this morning ot make sure they don't sag and yesterday my bottom up shirt was gapping more than it has in the past.

That's it. All of these things can be explained as things that happen after ovulation and before your period comes (expect the bigger breast, but as I said it could just be my imagination). I guess we will have to wait another week or week and a half to see if I am just being paranoid again or if we are really pregnant; which would be awesome since we are on the verge of hitting the year mark of trying and I really don't want to go over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment